Make it a Dog's Lucky Day - Foster a Lucky Dog!
Lucky Dog Animal Rescue could not survive without foster parents. Because we have generous foster parents ready and willing to provide temporary housing and lots of love, we are able to rescue dogs just in the knick of time. We pull dogs from the shelters just hours or, even minutes, before they are scheduled to be euthanized - before we have the opportunity to line up adopters or sponsors.
Some fosters only have their Lucky Dogs long enough for a bath, a good meal, and a safe night's sleep. Others have their Lucky Dogs long enough to work on training, to develop trust, and to recover from injuries or ailments - all to help them transition smoothly into their forever homes.
Fostering is an incredibly rewarding experience. There is nothing like comparing the "before" pictures of your foster dog in the shelter with the "after" pictures in his or her new adoptive home! Of course, fostering is not without challenges, but Lucky Dog Animal Rescue will be there to help you through any bumps in the road you encounter. We are available to our fosters 24 hours a day!
In addition to needing "full time" foster parents, we also need overnight fosters and temporary fosters. These foster parents take a Lucky Dog for the weekend while their regular foster is out of town. Or, they take a dog for the night between when he or she arrives from the shelter and when she gets adopted. Our short term and temporary fosters fill a critical need for our Lucky Dogs!
Foster Application Process
- Step 1: Fill out the New Foster Questionnaire.
- Step 2: Send us the completed application either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 3: Have a phone screening interview with the adoption coordinator.
- Step 4: Have a home visit with one of our trained volunteers.
- Step 5: Meet us at a shelter transport arrival or adoption event and take your Lucky Foster Dog home!
Lucky Dog Animal Rescue's Commitment to You & Your Foster Dog
- We provide routine and emergency medical care at one of our fantastic partner vets...at no cost to you.
- We provide essential supplies, including collars, leashes, crates, and identification tags.
- We have trainers/behaviorists who can help work through any issues (no matter how big or small) you may have with your Lucky Dog foster pup.
- We let the world know that your Lucky Dog is looking for a permanent home by posting him or her on multiple websites.
- We hold adoption events every weekend - a great way to find loving homes for your foster dogs.
- Our network of volunteers are here to answer questions, screen potential adopters, help transport your dog when you are unable, and do anything we can to make fostering a great experience!
Your Commitment to Your Lucky Dog
- You provide daily care for your Lucky Dog foster.
- You provide unconditional love and affection.
- You bring your foster to at least two adoption events a month.
- You help your adoption coordinator (AC) by providing up-to-date information and photos of your foster dog. And, if you'd like, you can participate in screening potential adopters and marketing your foster dog for adoption.
- And, most importantly, you let us know if you need help!